Monday, February 23, 2009

Off to Maple Creek and Medicine Hat

Today we left home early so I could see the vet before she did surgery for the morning. I was very NOT impressed with having my temp taken and let everyone know about it. I was more tolerant of having blood drawn once the needle was in. The good news is that I've gained the weight lost while I was ill a couple of weeks ago so I am back up to what I was when I had my diagnosis for hyperthyroidism made. Still down about 1.5 lbs from my previous normal weight.



The not so good news is that both options for my treatment are a bit complicated and they are seeking some more advice prior to us making a decision which way to go. Louise has already ruled out radioactive iodine treatment due to the cost.

I kept clinging to Louise's shoulder, wanting to make sure she didn't leave me there again. Once we were in the car, I 'talked" to me frequently during the trip to Medicine Hat (about an hour). Louise still hasn't figured out what that was all about.

Stanza sitting on her blanket in the car........with a white bandage this time fortunately they didn't have to shave her again to take the blood



I wanted to get out of the car at stops in Medicine Hat....... but we were only there long enough for Louise to drop of sewing machines for servicing, pick up some supplies for her workshop at the end of March at both Michael's and Fabricland.


We had to stop back at the vets in Maple Creek to pick up more canned food for me plus a bag of "healthy" treats. I liked them a lot and ate 3 in the car. Renee said eating them would be like having a rice krispie treat when you really wanted chocolate, but these days, a treat is a treat!


I finally settled down for a bit of a nap on the way home.......... it's hard when a fur gal misses her morning snooze! Louise was happy she got home in time to see most of GH. More snoozing in my new closet napping place once home.


Stanza's new napping spot.......when not being woken for photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi your post may not show up immediate as blog owner moderates comments